Seyed Mohammad Kalantar
Seyed Mohammad Kalantar was born in 1979. He had a formal high school education at the Haqani School a branch of Qom Seminary. Later, he attended Mofid University ( 2002-2006) from where he graduated with a bachelor degree in Philosophy. From 2006 to 2007 he furthered his interest in Philosophy and pursued a Master’s degree in the same field. His master’s thesis in Western Philosophy considered the relationship between will and duty in the moral philosophy of Kant. He began working in Islamic Azad University in 2006, lecturing in philosophy and Islamic thoughts.
He enrolled with University Putra Malaysia ( UPM ) in 2008 for his PhD in Counseling, finishing for Master Degree in Counseling as well. He graduated with PhD degree for UPM in 2012. His PhD’s thesis in counseling considered Psycho-Educational Training on Existential Issues and Effects on Marital Satisfaction and Communication among Iranian Women. Recently ( 2012) he became faculty member in department of counseling, faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences, Allameh Tabataba’i University ( ATU ) lecturing family counseling, spirituality and Islamic counseling, theories in counseling, more concentrating on Existential counseling and therapy. Additionally, Since 2013 he initiated his clinical training and psychological counseling as a part time job, with two famous clinical counseling centers namely Rahsabz and Nooranipoor, located in Tehran.
Ph.D., University Putra Malaysia (Counseling) ۲۰۱۲ ( Malaysia)
M.A., Mofid University ( Philosophy) ۲۰۰۷ (Iran)
B.Th., Mofid University ( Philosophy) ۲۰۰۶ (Iran)
- Academic Experience:
- Faculty member, Department of Counseling, Faculty of Psychology and Education Study, Allameh Tabataba’i University, Since 2012 ( Full time), some duties of the position as follows:
- Supervision of master’s thesis in field of counseling ( more than 60 theses)
- Conducting academic research in counseling field to publish in scientific journals
- Teaching some post graduate courses including: Family and rehabilitation, Guidance and Consultation in Islam , Advanced theories in Counseling and Psychotherapy, Family therapy, Counseling techniques, Group counseling and Seminar ( advising research matters)
- Teaching some undergraduate courses including: Theories of personality, Family therapy, Psychological text in English language
- Faculty member at Islamic Azad University, Karaj Branch Since 2005 to 2008 ( Full time)
- Lecture in Shahed University, 2006 (part time)
- Clinical Practice
- Counselor and Psychologist at Nooranipoor Center since 2013 ( Part time)
- Counselor and Psychologist at Rahsabz center since 2012 ( Part time)
- Counselor and Psychologist at Islamic Azad University, clinic center in 2010 ( Part time)
- Counselor and Psychologist at Tehran Municipality, 2011 ( Part time)
- List of Published Papers
- Mahdieh Tarsafi, Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, David Lester (2015), The defeat-entrapment theory versus Beck’s hopelessness theory of depression and suicidality: A cross-national analysis in Iran and the United States, International Journal of Social Psychiatry (ISI)
- Seyed Mohamad Kalantarkousheh, (2015) Efficiency of the Existential Time Training on the Marital Satisfaction among the Iranian Women, International Journal of Review in Life Sciences, 5(8).(ISI).
- Mojtaba Salmabadi, Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, Abdollah Shafi’abady, (2015). Moderating Gender in the Association of Islamic Lifestyle and Marital Adjustment among Secondary School Teachers, 5 (6).
- Seyed Mohamad Kalantarkousheh, Younes Doostian, Ali Akbar Godini, Yousef Aazami (2015), Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies among Regular Persons and Participants in Methadone or Narcotics Anonymous Treatment Programs, Studies in Social Sciences and Humanities (2)3.
- Yoosef Jamali, Valiollah Araqi, Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, (2015) Function of Dysfunctional Career Thoughts, Procrastination and Career Indecision among Allameh Tabatab’i University Students, European Online Journal of Natural and Social Sciences, 4 (1). ( ISI)
- Soheila Yengimolki, Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, Alireza Malekitabar, (2015) Self-Concept, Social Adjustment and Academic Achievement of Persian Students, International Review of Social Sciences and Humanities, 8(2).
- Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, Najmeh Sharghi, Maryam Soleimani, Sepideh Ramezani, (2014) The Role of Spiritual Intelligence on Organizational Commitment in Employees of Universities in Tehran Province, Iran, Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences (ISI)
- Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, Mahmood Sharifi, Mohammad Mehri, Elaheh Sajjad, (2014), Parenting Styles and Attachment Models among Iranian Pre-University Students. International Journal of Academic Research in Psychology 1(2).
- Samaneh Ghahremani, Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, (2014) The Relationship between Cognitive Hardiness against Life Stresses and Coping Styles with an Emphasis on Gender Differences. Today Science Journal of Humanity, 2(2)
- Seyed Mohammad Hoseini, Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh, Masoomeh Esmaeili (2014). Adherence to the Islamic Lifestyle among Addicted and Non-Addicted Young Inmates in the Prisons of the Alborz Province, Iran, Islam Life Center Health. 1(4) DOI: 10.5812/ilch.15627. (ISC)
- Doostian, Y, Shafie’abadi, A, Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad, & Massah, O. (2014). Effectiveness of Marlatt’s Cognitive-Behavioral Model on Increasing Self-efficacyin Opiate-dependents. Journal of Rehabilitation, 38-48. ( ISC)
- Sodeh Soltanieh, Seyed Mohammad Kalantarkousheh. (2014). A Comparison of Mental Health and Personality Types among Normal Children and Without Fathers. 18 (6)Natura Journal. ( ISI)
- Salmabadi, M, Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad, & Shafi’abadi. (2014). Determining The Ratio of The Islamic Life Style Components and Perfectionism Components in Predicting Marital Adjustmen. International Journal of Current Life Sciences, 4(6), 2289-2295. (ISI)
- Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad, Rasouli, Maryam, Abolfathi, Robabeh, & Nouri, Neda. (2014). Effectiveness of communication skills in decreasing addiction tendencies among male students from cities within Tehran province European Journal of Experimental Biology, 4(1), 64-70. (ISI)
- Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad, Kazemi, Fereshteh, Taghadosiniya, Roya, & Ghahramani, Samaneh. (2014). The Relationship between Religious Orientation and Paterson’s Work Performance among Iranian Teachers. International Journal of Basic Sciences & Applied Research, 3(7), 401-405. (ISI)
- Fasahati, Shideh, & Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad. (2014). Perception of God and Paranoia among Iranian University Students. Psychology(5), 986-992.
- Lavasani, & Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2013). The Roots of Human Dignity in Quran Verses. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(10). (ISI)
- Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad, Mohagheghi, H, & Hosseini, S.M. (2013). Surveying the Relationship between Locus of Control and Academic Achievement among Students at Allameh Tabataba’i University. International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, 3(12), 378-389
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., Hosseini, S. M., Ahmadzadeh-Brabi, S., Motahhari, S., & Baradari, E. (2013). Existential Crisis, Life Expectancy and Identity amongst Iranian Students. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 3(6), 1056-1061. (ISI)
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., Alinezhadi, F., UsefyNezhad, A., & Taherian, S. (2013). The Role of Locus of Control in High School Students’ Depression. European Journal of Social Sciences, 39(4), 633-639. ( Scopus )
- Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad, Hajihashem, F, Ojaqi, M, Radkarim, F, & Ansari, A. (2013). Efficacy of Parents’ Perfectionism on Self-esteem among Iranian Female Students. European Journal of Scientific Research, 110(4), 596-604. ( Scopus )
- Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad, Araqi, V, Zamanipour, M, & Mirzaee Fandokht, O. (2013). Locus of Control and Academic Burnout among Allameh Tabataba’i University Students. International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, 3(12), 309-321. ( Scopus )
- Falakaflaki, Sima, & Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad. (2013). Depression, Anxiety, and Stress among Mothers of Healthy Children and Mothers of Children with Cochlear Implants. Journal of Social Issues & Humanities, 1(5), 28-33. (ISC)
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2012). “Effects of Existential Issues Training on Marital Communication Among Iranian Women.” Psihologijske teme 21(2): 213-224. ( Scopus )
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2012). “Gender As a Moderator In The Association Of Self-acceptance and Autonomy Of Iranian University Students.” Journal of Teaching and Education 1(6): 39-46. ( Scopus )
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., Hassan. (2012). Effects of Existential Issues Training on Marital Satisfaction among Iranian Women. The New Educational Review, 28(2), 29-38. (ISI)
- Jahanbakhshi, Zahra, & Kalantarkousheh, Seyed Mohammad. (2012). Relationship Between Dimensions of Early Maladaptive Schemas and Desire For Marriage Among Students at Allameh Tabataba’i University. Journal of Family Counseling and Psychotherapy, 2(2), 234-256. (ISC)
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., & Navarbafi, F. (2012). Reliability and Exploratory Factor Analysis of Psychological Well-being in a Persian Sample. Science Series Data Report, 4(1). (ISI)
- Ghoroghi, S., Hassan, S. A., Baba, M., & Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2012). Moderating Effect of Gender on the Association between Autonomy and Intimacy of Iranian Married Students. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 8(1). ( Scopus )
- Lavasani, S. M., & Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2012). The Provisions of Human Dignity in Implementing the Islamic Penalty on Theft. European Journal of Scientific Research, 67(2), ( Scopus )
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2011a). Sparkle of Existential Time as a Sanctuary in Marital Counselling, Journal of American science, 7 (6). (ISI).
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2011d). Manifestation of Existential Issues As a Brilliant Function for Quality of Matrimony , Journal of American science 7 (5) (ISI).
- Conference Presentations
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2014). Spiritual Intelligence and Life Satisfaction among Married Women and Unmarried Females, Conference on Positive Psychology and Well-being, China
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2012). Gender as a Moderator in the Association of Self-acceptance and Autonomy of Iranian University Students. Paper presented at Conference of the International Journal of Arts and Sciences, Italia
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2011). Efficacy of Existential Time Training on Marital Satisfaction among Iranian Women. Paper presented at 2nd World Conference on Psychology, Counselling and Guidance. Turkey.
- Kalantarkousheh, M. (2011), Asma Al Husna as a Capacity of Positive Relationship: A Positive Psychology Approach. Paper presented at 2nd International Conference on Islamic Education. Malaysia.
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M. (2011). Effectiveness of I-Thou Communication Training on Marital Communication among Iranian Women. Paper presented at 2nd World Conference on Psychology, Counselling and Guidance. Turkey.
- Kalantarkousheh, M. (2011). Effect of Life Meaning Teaching Program on Psychological Well Being among Iranian Adults. Paper presented at Conference of the International Journal of Arts and Sciences, Germany.
- Kalantarkousheh, M., & Hassan, S. A. (2010). Signs of Existential I-Thou Communication in Luminous Matrimony. Paper presented at the International Conference on Behavioral, Cognitive and Psychological Sciences Singapore.
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., & Hassan, S. A. (2010). Existential Theory as an Essential Ingredient of the Counselling Process. Paper presented at the International Conference on Humanities, Historical and Social Sciences, Singapore.
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., & Hassan, S. A. (2009). Family Culture from Existential Literature Paper presented at the 6th Malaysia International Conference on Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., & Hassan, S. A. (2009). Sparkle of Existential Time as a Sanctuary in Couple Therapeutic Process. Paper presented at the International Conference on Quality, Productivity and Performance Measurement (ICQPPM’09), Malaysia.
- Kalantarkousheh, S. M., & Hassan, S. A. (2009). Anxiety and Existential Psychotherapy: A Pragmatic Approach. Paper presented at the International Conference on Social Science and Humanities, Singapore.
- Translated Books:
- Existential Theories Written by Mick Cooper (2003), Translated by S.M Kalantarkousheh (2015)
- Spiritual Integrated Psychotherapy written by Kenneth Pargament (2007), Translated S.M Kalantarkousheh and others.
- Some Participated Workshops:
- Two days workshop; Focusing in Therapeutic Practice ” The Expression of Inner Voice in the World”, with Dr Greg Madison, (2015) Australia.
- Five days workshop; Focusing Oriented Therapy Training, with Dr Greg Madison, (2015) Australia
- One day workshop; Focusing Supervision” The Art of Focusing Supervision”, with Dr Greg Madison, (2015) Australia
Office Phone Number: +982144737682
Mobile Number: +989125522518